Satellite messaging and emergency notification technologies
Globalstar demonstrates why it is the best port of call for affordable and reliable satellite communications at Wind and Water 2016
Globalstar Europe Satellite Services Ltd., the leader in satellite messaging and emergency notification technologies will showcase a wide array of solutions on stand 47A at the 28th annual Wind and Water Warsaw Boat Show, 10-13 March 2016, MT Polska Convention Centre, Warsaw, Poland.
One of the highlights of the show will be Globalstar Sat-Fi™, the world’s most powerful satellite hotspot. Even if you are on lakes or at sea hundreds of miles from home, Sat-Fi allows up to eight crew members at a time to send texts, emails and make calls using their existing smartphone or tablet.
Globalstar has been steadily building a reputation in the leisure marine community for state-of-the-art and highly affordable satellite communication solutions. Globalstar has the only complete second generation satellite constellation in orbit today, resulting in reliable, clear voice and data connectivity for crews when they cannot rely on the mobile phone network. Also, because Globalstar’s satellites traverse the globe in low earth orbit, communications are free of annoying latency, ensuring voice and data connectivity is sustained.
At Wind and Water 2016, visitors to Globalstar’s stand can learn more about how these innovations can help them stay connected even while recreationally fishing on a lake, sailing near-shore, or navigating the high seas on a superyacht:
- GSP-1700 Handheld Satellite Phone: Ideal for any sailor who wants to make voice calls and be online while out at sea. With an RRP of €490 and a choice of very competitive voice and data tariffs, it offers crystal-clear voice quality and the fastest handheld data speeds available.
- GSP-1700 Marine Kit: Designed for use at sea, the marine helix antenna and various cable length options are ideal for all vessel sizes. The GSP-1700 Marine Kit retails at an RRP of €1,599.
- Sat-Fi™: With Sat-Fi, customers can use their smartphone or other Wi-Fi enabled device to send and receive calls, email and SMS text messages. Whether on land or at sea, up to eight Sat-Fi users will be able to maintain reliable connectivity when beyond cellular with one Sat-Fi device.
- Pre-paid & Post-paid Voice and Data: Globalstar offers the mobile satellite communications industry’s lowest cost pre-paid and post-paid voice and data service.
- Globalstar 9600™: With the 9600, Globalstar customers can use a convenient app to seamlessly pair their existing satellite phone and smartphone to send and receive email.
- SPOT Gen3™: A rugged and affordable satellite communications device providing messaging, one-button emergency contact, and GPS tracking. Since 2007, SPOT products have been used to initiate over 4,000 rescues globally. SPOT Gen3 retails at an RRP of €179.
- SPOT Trace™: GPS tracking and anti-theft device using satellite technology to track boats and other valuable gear. SPOT Trace retails at an RRP of €125.
Visit Globalstar on stand 47A at the 28th annual Wind and Water Warsaw Boat Show, 10-13 March 2016, MT Polska Convention Centre, Warsaw, Poland.